DUTERTE: DAVAO CITY SAFE DESPITE BOMB EXPLOSION

pulong  edge davao

Police and military and the local government in Davao City are on top of the situation even as a bomb exploded inside a passenger van parked outside of a mall Wednesday morning, November 18, and slightly wounded two people.

Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte condemned those behind the  explosion and said authorities are leaving no stone unturned in keeping the city safe.

He also appealed to those planning to do violence in the city to spare civilians.

“We appeal to them to stop this act of barbarity. Spare the lives of civilians,” said the vice mayor, who is the acting mayor with Mayor Rodrigo Duterte, his father, on leave.

Police  said the bomb placed at the back of a UV Express Toyota Hi-Ace passenger van exploded after  passengers had already disembarked at the van terminal beside SM City. The van had come from Pikit North Cotabato. Over the week-end, two separate bomb explosions in Cotabato City and Kabacan town also in North Cotabato injured eight persons.  

Duterte said the Davao City Police Office and the military anti-terrorist special unit Task Force Davao have tightened checkpoints at the city’s entry points.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s