Advances PRRD’s 3-point campaign
Special Assistant to the President Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go on Thursday advanced the Duterte administration’s three-point campaign against drugs, criminality and corruption in Malolos, Bulacan.
Speaking before residents of Malolos, in an event initiated by Malolos Mayor Christian Natividad, Go explained the current leadership’s advocacies and goals.
While urging Bulacan residents to be part of the movement against the three advocacies, particularly on illegal drugs, Go checked how they are perceiving the administration’s efforts and garnered positive reply from the crowd.
“I asked the people how are they, how is the peace and order here. They responded positively that there had been a decrease in the crime rate and at the very least, their children can walk safely even at night with less criminality in the area,” he said in Tagalog.
The top presidential aide said they are on a mission to encourage everyone to focus on sports.
“We are encouraging the youth to play basketball, like in Malolos, there are a number of people who participated,” Go said.
In a separate interview, Natividad assured that the people of Malolos and the local government’s programs are aligned with the programs of the administration.
On the three-point campaign, he said, “Yes, we fully support that, and you can check the statistics in Malolos City as regards the advocacy of President Rodrigo Duterte. We are in parallel with his programs,” he said.
Aside from the executives of Malolos, also present during the event were several government officials, including Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Martin Andanar, Overseas Workers Welfare Administration Deputy Administrator Arnell Ignacio, and ACTS OFW Party-list Rep. John Bertiz.
Before the basketball game, Go donated shoes and school supplies to Malolos kids. He also provided assistance for the medical needs of 6 individuals, one who required an artificial arm and a child who needed a wheelchair. Go also swapped his own shoes with 2 recipients during the said event.
No plans yet on Senate bid
Meanwhile, when asked by the local press, Go again reiterated that he does not have plans yet to run for the senatorial elections.
“As I’ve said, I don’t want to talk about elections yet as I work as the Special Assistant to the President. I’m just here to advance the three-point campaign of the president,” he said.
Although he dismissed as premature the talks on his plans next year, he thanked all his supporters urging him to run.
“Unang-una siyempre, nagpapasalamat ako sa mga supporters at supporters ni Pangulong Duterte na gustong ituloy yung pagbabago (First of all, I thank all the supporters, the supporters of President Duterte who want to continue the change that has begun),” he said.
“Ayaw ko pang pag-usapan at masyado pang maaga (I do not want to talk about it as it is still too early),” he added. (PNA)