BASTE DUTERTE FILES BID FOR VICE MAYOR

baste inday

Presidential son Sebastian “Baste” Duterte filed his CoC on Monday for vice mayor making him the third Duterte running for office in the 2019 mid-term election.

Baste, 29, the President’s third child with his former wife Elizabeth Zimmerman, on Wednesday, Oct. 17, filed his certificate of candidacy for the vice mayoralty race.

Sebastian was accompanied by his sister and Mayor Sara Duterte in filing his COC at the city Comelec Office.

sara-hugponglogo

He will be his sister’s running mate under the Hugpong sa Tawong Lungsod-Hugpong ng Pagbabago. Also seeing action  in next year’s mid-term election is former Vice Mayor Paolo “Pulong” Duterte, who is running for congressman in the First District.

Sara earlier said Sebastian’s candidacy had been decided upon as early as March but he always changed his mind.

While he was quite popular because of his good looks and his being linked to some celebrities, Sebastian also made a name for himself with his surfing activities and his being a rock music vocalist.

He also hosted a travel program on a major TV network, which only aired once, and his Facebook page, @basteduterteofficial, page has 487,876 followers as of Sunday and liked by 486,612 people.

Sebastian’s plan for politics had been widely speculated about when he joined her sister’s regional party, Hugpong ng Pagbabago in April.

At one point, he was rumored to be running for mayor of Danao City in Cebu, his grandfather Vicente’s origin. The suspicion was raised when Sebastian reportedly bought a property there.

In August, Sebastian, 29, hinted that he might eventually run. However, he said that his inclination is not really politics.

“I wanted to avoid it as much as possible because politics is troublesome.
This thought has kept him away from actual engagement in politics, he said.

“Of the three of us (Elizabeth’s children), I was the only one who had no experience in politics except during the campaign for my father. It was the only exposure I got and I went back to what I usually do after that because it was not my cup of tea,” he added. (PNA)

One response to “BASTE DUTERTE FILES BID FOR VICE MAYOR

  1. Pingback: WILL BASTE DUTERTE RUN FOR VICE MAYOR? – THE DURIAN POST BY ROGER "DURIANBURGDAVAO" BALANZA·

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s