Category Archives: 2016 ELECTION

BONGBONG MARCOS: TAX EVADER

ATIENZA TO BONGBONG: IF YOU DON’T PAY TAXES, YOU’RE A CRIMINAL

Backs disqualification case vs dictator’s son

Former Senator Ferdinand Marcos Jr. should be disqualified from the presidential race, vice presidential aspirant Lito Atienza said after the filing of a petition seeking to invalidate the presidential bid of the late strongman’s son in the 2022 polls.

 Atienza believes that the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) should consider the merits of the petition to cancel Marcos Jr.’s certificate of candidacy.

“If you don’t pay taxes, you are a violator, a criminal at that. And you should not be allowed to run for any office not even the presidency, not even as a councilor of Laoag,” he explained.

READ: No tax evasion vs Marcos ?

MUST READ: Point by point: Cases vs Bongbong Marcos’ candidacy and his answers so far

Point by point: Cases vs Bongbong Marcos’ candidacy and his answers so far

FLASHBACK 2016: Roxas should go to jail

Liberal Party standard bearer Mar Roxas should go to jail instead of Malacañang for not stopping widespread illegal drugs use and dealing when he was secretary of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).

frontpageRoxas  deserves to “go to jail, not to Malacañang” for inaction on illegal drugs, said Peter Laviña, spokesman of Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte.

The inutiliteness to stop illegal drugs also made Roxas an accomplice and protector of drug lords and drug pushers, Laviña said.

Laviña turned the tables on Roxas as President Benigno Aquino’s candidate said that he knows there are drugs in Davao City and can buy it anytime with media tagging along to prove his point.

Roxas made the claim on Sunday, February 21, in an interview in Cagayan de Oro City after attending Pilipinas Debates 2016.

DUTERTE SULOThe camp of Duterte, presidential candidate of the PDP-Laban, saw Roxas’ blast as a criticism of Duterte’s anti-illegal drugs campaign.

Laviña said since Roxas once headed the DILG, his knowledge of and inaction on the Davao illegal drug trade make him an “accomplice and protector of drug lords and pushers.”

page 3In the Cagayan de Oro City interview, Roxas questioned Duterte’s declaration that he can end criminality, illegal drugs and corruption in three to six months.

Twitting Duterte, Roxas said  Davao City has the fourth highest incidence of crime in the entire country and that there are drugs in Davao.

He said he can buy drugs anytime in Davao `and can bring the media to prove it.

If he knew about drug dealing in Davao City, why did he not do anything about it as then Interior secretary?

“Mar is showing he is not fit to be the leader of our country. He did not only exhibit irresponsible citizenship by not reporting to authorities where drugs are being peddled. He has, in fact, become an accomplice in protecting drug lords and drug pushers,” Laviña said.

Roxas  deserves to “go to jail, not to Malacañang” for not acting  on illegal drugs despite his knowledge as DILG chief who has an administrative power over the police, he said.

“What has he done as secretary of DILG and as chairman of the National Police Commission to fight drug abuse?” Laviña asked.

Laviña questioned Roxas’s track record on curbing illegal drugs adding that the former DILG chief is only tainting the reputation of Duterte and Davao City to make himself appear good.

“He is painting others black so he will look white,” he added.

Earlier, the camp of Duterte, citing intelligence reports, said that Manila anti-drug operatives under the baton of their political patrons would be mounting in Davao City a “raid” on “fake drug laboratories” in a bid to discredit Duterte’s anti-drug campaign.

pdea

The planned and orchestrated operation dubbed as “The Great Drug Raid” is being linked by the Duterte camp on political rivals.

The Duterte camp is now in tight watch for the sham raid after Roxas’ recent blast on the anti-drug campaign in Davao City.

ROBREDO: Marcos fishing for evidence on poll protest

The camp of Vice President Leni Robredo on Wednesday said that the Preliminary Conference Brief (PCB) submitted by former Senator Ferdinand Marcos before the Supreme Court (SC) sitting as the Presidential Electoral Tribunal (PET) that clearly exposed that he was merely fishing for evidence and not sure how he wants to proceed with his protest.

In a recent Supplement to the Motion for Reconsideration Pro Tanto, Robredo’s lawyer Romulo Macalintal pointed out that the PET Rules required Marcos and Robredo to name not more than three provinces best exemplifying the electoral frauds and irregularities alleged in the protest and the counter-protest.
Macalintal said that “Marcos named the provinces of Camarines Sur, Iloilo and Negros Oriental; and yet he made a reservation to change any of these provinces.”
“Such reservation is a clear manifestation that Marcos is merely fishing for evidence and not sure of his election protest. He could not establish which 3 provinces out of the 30 provinces and highly urbanized cities he protested could demonstrate his much talked about electoral frauds and irregularities,” Macalintal said in a statement.
Macalintal stressed that “Marcos is even prolonging his protest since he even asked for the technical and forensic examination of ALL the ballots, ballot images, voter’s receipts, names of voters in the voting list and Election Day Certified List of Voters (EDCVL) from the provinces of Basilan, Maguindanao and Lanao del Sur.”
“For the information of the entire Filipino people, such technical and forensic examination involves 3,235,000 documents from said provinces as it would involve the 647,000 official ballots, and the corresponding 647,000 ballot images, 647,000 voter’s receipts, 647,000 names from the list of voters, and 647,000 names from the EDCVL”, Macalintal emphasized.
“I hope Marcos will not now claim that we are delaying this case. It is as clear as the sunlight that the thrust to prove his case is merely to fish for evidence by asking for recount of ballots and technical examination thereof. So much so that if he could not prove his case during the recount of ballots, he would now rely on the results of the technical examination. And this is not allowed under existing jurisprudence because once a protestant asked for recount, he could not disregard the results and seek other strategy,” Macalintal said
Macalintal also said that it is so incredible for Marcos’ reservation “to ask for the present the more than 18 million voters and thousands of members of the board of election inspectors from his protested 39,221 clustered precincts to identify their respective paper ballots and/or ballot images.”
“This is clearly incredible as it would take years to identify said ballots and ballot images by said registered voters,” Macalintal added.
Lastly, Macalintal said that Marcos asked the PET to allow him to present all the Provincial Election Supervisors of the provinces he protested and the municipalities and cities consisting these provinces.
“Such move clearly shows the incredible position of Marcos because these Comelec officials have no competence and ability to identify said election documents and the equipment used during said election,” Macalintal said.
The Tribunal has set the preliminary conference on the electoral and counter-electoral protest on July 11 at 2 p.m.
Marcos earlier said he decided to file the electoral protest due to the series of frauds, anomalies and irregularities that marred the May 9 elections and that such activities made sure he would lose to Robredo, the vice presidential candidate of the administration’s Liberal Party.
Robredo won the 2016 vice presidential race with 14,418,817 votes or 263,473 more than Marcos who got 14,155,344 votes. (Christopher Lloyd T. Caliwan/Monica Guevarra (OJT)/PNA)

SUPREME COURT SET TO START VOTE RECOUNT IN MARCOS ELECTORAL PROTEST VS. ROBREDO

bongbong leniQUO VADIS, LENI?

The final resolution in the race for Vice President in the 2016 Philippine national elections may come soon.

The Supreme Court was expected to start hearing the electoral protest filed by  former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, Jr., who on Apil 17 paid to the Court P36 million,  the first installment of the P66 million recount fee that the Court  required him to pay to start the ball rolling in his protest against proclaimed winner Vice President Leni Robredo.

Ballot_boxesThe Supreme Court, heads the Presidential Electoral Tribunal (PET), that would resolve the Marcos protest.

Marcos beat the April 17 deadline to pay the first instalment; he is to pay the balance of P30 million on or before July 14.

The total cost of the recount is pegged by the Supreme Court at P81 million. Robredo’s share in the recount fee is P15 million.

In his protest, Marcos sought a recount and contested the results in 39,221 clustered precincts composed of 132,446 established precincts.

In the final tally of the vice presidential race by the Commission on Election, Robredo beat Marcos by about 200,000 votes.

In the 2016 May polls, Marcos was in tandem with the late Senator Miriam Santiago under the People’s Reform Party, while Robredo was the running mate of defeated candidate Mar Roxas of the Liberal Party.