By ROGER M. BALANZA
What are the reasons why Northern Davao Cooperative Inc. (Nordeco) sometimes suffer trip-offs or brown-outs thus frustrating some of the more than 100,000 Members-Consumers-Owners (MCOS) of the power coop that holds a franchise over |Davao del Norte and Daavao de Oro?
1. Power generation problem by the National GrId Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP).
2. Large old trees crashing down on Nordeco electric poles
3. 10-wheeler trucks and other vehicles toppling down the poles in accidents
4. Lack of power supply from generation companies due to oil crisis
5. Repair work on transmission lines by Nordeco workers
6. Maybe the Russia-Ukraine War.
And, this will shock you : No. 7 is BIRD SUICIDES!
Nordeco of course is helpless against all the above. Trip offs from bird suicides however are solved pronto by Nordeco’s Warriors of Light who rush to the scene not to rescue the birds but to restore power.